1. Privacy generally
In collecting, holding, using, disclosing and otherwise managing your personal information, Sunshine Community will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
2. Kinds of personal information collected
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its goods or services, or as a result of our other interactions or dealings with you, Sunshine Community may collect your personal information. Sunshine Community provides a range of goods which are tailored towards or incidental to edible mushrooms and coffee (including coffee utensils and other items).
The kinds of personal information that Sunshine Community collects will vary depending on our particular interaction or dealing with you. However, generally speaking, the kinds of personal information Sunshine Community collects may include:
- if you register for an account on our website, your contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and a rewards program number;
- where you purchase goods and/or services through our website:
- information relevant to that transaction, such as the delivery address, any delivery instructions and payment/invoicing related information;
- information regarding your purchasing history with Sunshine Community or your other dealings with Sunshine Community in relation to our services;
- general identity information including the names and addresses of account holders; and
- your credit card information (which may include transactional histories, balances and limits);
- contact and identification information you provide to Sunshine Community through inquiries you make to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or other types of verification details.
Sunshine Community also collect internet/technology related information from visitors to our site or users of our other online services, including the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the site, the country, state or province, the pages of our site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our site.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information, for example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us, but not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
Sunshine Community may also hold other kinds of personal information as permitted or required by law or other kinds of personal information that we notify you of at or about the time of collection.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about individuals. Information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasions, criminal record and religious or philosophical beliefs are all examples of sensitive information. If we do need to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent or where we are required to do so by law.
3. How we collect personal information
Generally, Sunshine Community collects your personal information directly from you. For example, Sunshine Community may collect your personal information:
- when you register for an account with us, request information or goods and/or services, or otherwise provide us with your details;
- where you use our websites or other online services or otherwise interact with us;
- when you complete a survey or enter a promotion or competition;
- if you post information to our websites (including your online account) or any of our social media sites; or
- where you order or purchase goods and/or services through our website.
There may be occasions when Sunshine Community collects your personal information from someone other than you, for example:
- from your bank or other relevant financial institutions in order to provide our services to you;
- from third parties you authorise to disclose your information to us;
- from a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites; from our vendors or suppliers that help provide our services and supply goods to you (for example, customer support information, payment information and delivery information); or
- from third parties if you connect to our services or register an account with us using an external third-party application, such as Facebook or Google.
Generally, Sunshine Community will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information from you.
4. Purposes for which personal information is used
Generally speaking, Sunshine Community collects, holds, uses or discloses personal information so that we can provide you goods or services through our online store, including transactions, creating an online account and providing insurance services.
Some examples of the purposes for which Sunshine Community collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information include to:
- enable us to supply you with information you request from us;
- facilitate the supply of goods and/or services you order through our website, including communicating with you about your purchases;
- personalise your experience with our services;
- conduct promotions, competitions, giveaways and events;
- contact you to obtain your feedback regarding our goods or services or to conduct other market research;
- undertake direct marketing (as detailed in paragraph 6 below);
- conduct investigations in cases of fraud or data security risks;
- analyse information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and the goods and services we offer (including by monitoring or recording our interactions with you for training purposes); and
- comply with the obligations of Sunshine Community under any applicable laws.
In addition to the purposes listed above, Sunshine Community may use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes, other purposes which we notify you of when we collect the information and for purposes otherwise permitted or required by law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Sunshine Community takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Sunshine Community. However, without certain information from you, Sunshine Community may not be able to provide goods, services or information to you or may be limited in how we can interact with you.
5. Direct marketing
6. Disclosure of personal information
- related companies of Sunshine Community;
- our vendors and suppliers;
- other parties who invest in or acquire an interest in Sunshine Community;
- service providers and contractors and other third parties that provide goods or services to us (including our technology service providers, our order fulfilment service providers or other business or administration service providers);
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in Sunshine Community’s business or assets;
- Sunshine Community’s professional advisors (including legal and accounting firms, auditors, consultants, insurers and other professional advisers); and
- government authorities where required by law.
Sunshine Community may also disclose your personal information for other purposes if we notify you of the disclosure at or about the time of collecting the information, we have otherwise received your consent or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
If you post information or other content to public sections of our websites or to our social media sites, you acknowledge that the information or content may be viewed by the public and/or users of the relevant website or social media site.
7. Overseas disclosures
Sunshine Community generally stores or discloses your data in Australia, however, from time to time some of our partners may be located outside Australia, including technology service providers.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas recipients do not hold, use or disclose your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with the obligations imposed under the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
8. Links to other websites
When you visit our websites or other online services, we will generally leave a ‘Cookie’ in the memory of your web browser. The website or other online service may only function properly if Cookies are enabled. Our websites and online services may use persistent Cookies to authenticate you as a user and display content that is relevant and specific to you.
Cookies are very small files that store information about your visit to and use of a website. Most major commercial Internet sites use them and they make your Internet-surfing more useful and less time-consuming because they store information that is reusable each time you visit our website, such as birthday and other preferences you have chosen to share with us.
10. Security of personal information
Sunshine Community takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Sunshine Community holds personal information in electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only with the appropriate passwords by authorised staff.
Sunshine Community will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Sunshine Community is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Where you have an online account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You will be responsible for all uses of your membership, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify Sunshine Community of any unauthorised use of your user name or password.
11. Access and correction
Sunshine Community takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure any personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Where you have an online account with us, you can update your personal information by logging into your account and editing your profile.
In addition, under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to and correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Sunshine Community. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Sunshine Community holds about you, or you would like more information on Sunshine Community’s approach to privacy, please contact Sunshine Community using the details set out in paragraph 13 below. Sunshine Community will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Sunshine Community requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Sunshine Community may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects and will not exceed the cost to Sunshine Community for providing access in accordance with your request.
Sunshine Community will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If Sunshine Community refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Sunshine Community will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
If you are dissatisfied with Sunshine Community’s refusal to grant access to, or correct, your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
12. Contacting Sunshine Community
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications or make a privacy complaint, please contact Sunshine Community using any of the following contact details:
Post: 41 Owen Street, Carlton VIC 3053
13. Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to Sunshine Community. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Sunshine Community .
Sunshine Community will acknowledge your complaint within 14 days of receipt and endeavour to resolve it within 30 days, unless Sunshine Community informs you otherwise and seeks your agreement in writing.
Sunshine Community will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or an extension to the time in which Sunshine Community will resolve it, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.